Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Luxury Car

When you're buying a Lotus, you don't want to be driving it in the city. Sitting in traffic jams, praying for temporary lights to stay green ("please don't change!"), and avoiding potholes and speed bumps is hardly fun. No, a Lotus is meant for the open road - the wide, open, twisty roads of the British countryside where the only hold up is when you pull over to admire the view.

I don't pretend to know much about cars, but I know what I like and I like Lotus cars. They're sexy, fast, fun to drive and you're guaranteed to turn heads when you're driving one, and isn't that what driving is all about? The model I like in particular is the Lotus Exige S. Ok, so it's not the easiest of cars to get into, but once you mastered the art of that it's actually a very comfortable ride. There's not buckets of space inside the cabin, but this isn't a car you'd take on a camping trip - this car was made for driving. The Lotus Exige S is an absolute joy to drive along twisty roads; it has excellent cornering abilities and exceptional grip. With the ability to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.5 seconds, the Lotus Exige S isn't for the faint-hearted. However, it isn't as 'cash guzzling' as you might think, you can get around 200 miles out of one tank of petrol, which isn't too bad, and you can rest assured that the rev-hungry Toyota engine is reliable.

One of my favourite places to drive is in the south-west of England, particularly Devon and Dorset where the roads are clear of traffic and the views are simply stunning. Maybe one day I'll drive my new Lotus Exige S in Dorset, but for now I'll have to stick with my trusty Ford Fiesta.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Blogger